I know, I know. We hate these cutesy questions and Facebook prompts just as much as you do. But we love the responses and the dialogues that ensue. We never fail to learn something about our readers and the people in our community, and it helps us appreciate the unique quality of the mountain town experience.
So, at the risk of being cliché, we are offering a free subscription and a little notoriety to the person who comes up with the best answer to the question: What are five things you’ve done that most people haven’t? You get bonus points for things that are related to Telluride and for originality.
In the interest of fairness, Duffy and I are offering our own lists. Hopefully they will inspire you to share some of your own unusual experiences.
Five Things Deb Has Done That Most People Haven’t
1. Landed my paraglider in a tree.
2. Hitchhiked with my Swedish friend, with one can of tuna and $5 each, just to see how far we could make it in our two days off from work. We made it to Lake Powell and one of our rides was from the truck that paints the median lines on the road.
3. Slept on the cargo rack on top of my van for an entire summer.
4. Worked as a roller-skating waitress in a diner.
5. Ran with the bulls in Pamplona.
Five Things Duffy Has Done That Most People Haven’t
1. Circumnavigated the Wilson Massif on horseback, and rode her horse into the Sheridan Bar.
2. Went snorkeling for trout in the San Miguel River.
3. Rode an inner tube down the Hughes irrigation ditch, from Woods Lake to Specie Mesa.
4. Interviewed Deepak Chopra, Andrew Weil and Jerry Garcia.
5. Worked on a caribou grazing study on the north slope of Alaska.